- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Darchiashvili: PACE’s resolution to bring no fruit2011-01-17 16:36
Head of Georgian parliamentary committee for Euro-Atlantic integration David Darchiasvhili explained why Georgian delegation will take no part in the hearings on the future of the Russian-Georgian file in PACE.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by Rosbalt, Darchiashvili underlined that the Georgian side is sure that the consideration of the document won't bring any positive results just like the previous resolutions adopted by the Assembly on the issue.
The more so, as according to Darchiashvili, Russia is going to initiate the adoption of an alternative document that will neutralize the provisions of the previous resolutions.
Today, Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe will discuss the future of the Georgian-Russian file on the August 2008conflict. Members of the Assembly are expected to decide in Paris what to do with the file: whether it should be closed or discussed further.
Let us remind you that last year, PACE monitoring commission failed to take a decision as to the closing of the Georgian-Russian file. "There were 16 pros and 16 cons in the course of the voting", - said first deputy chairman of the international committee of the State Duma Leonid Slutsky. - The decision has not been taken; there was one vote missing, so the issue will be raised once again at the autumn session".
Slutsky underlined that the Georgian delegation left the building in protest against the issue suspension. "RF delegation welcomes any cooperation with the Georgian delegation in Strasbourg, especially in the humanitarian aspect", - Slutsky added.