- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Caucasian countries’ military expenditures grew five times2011-01-18 17:16
According to Stockholm International Institute for Peace Problems Research, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan increased their military expenditures five times over the last ten years, Echo of Caucasus reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
South-Caucasian States Expert Community treats this tendency with understanding.
According to Deputy Director of Caucasian Institute Sergey Minasyan, "In the context of unsettled ethnic and political conflicts, some parties are trying to somehow change the status-quo. The parties maintain a perfect military and technical balance instigating a new turn of the arms race", - Armenian expert believes.
Local politicians fully justify Azerbaijan's militarization.
Military expert Uzeir Japharov asserts that the army should remain powerful enough to regain the occupied territories of his country by force.
In his turn, Georgian expert Timur Chachanidze believes that Georgia has got no reason to continue arms race. "The main point for us now is the defense and protection of our interests in the international arena", - Chachanidze says.