- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian patriarchy indignant at the authorities’ actions2011-01-19 12:55
Georgian patriarchy believes that the actions of the country's authorities conducting negotiations on restoring Georgian churches in Turkey and mosques in Georgia are inadmissible without an opinion of the owner - the Church, Rosbalt reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"According to Georgian legislation, the Church is a legal entity of public law owning Georgian orthodox churches and temples, while the state is obliged to negotiate the property and the maintenance of Georgian temples abroad", - the official statement goes.
Moreover, the patriarchy insists on agreeing the list of churches presented to the Turkish side and the conditions of negotiations with the Church.
"We hope our proposals will be acceptable for all the parties, which will make our relationship more constructive", - the patriarchy remarked.