- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Lithuanian Ambassador to Georgia proud of the word “occupation”2011-01-21 14:44
Lithuanian Ambassador to Georgia Jonas Paslauskas has stated that he supported the resolution on Abkhazia and South Ossetia adopted by European Parliament, where Russia is accused of "having occupied" these republics.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Trend, Paslauskas underlined that Vilnius was one of the first to call Abkhazia and South Ossetia "occupied territories". "I haven't seen the exact text of the resolution but for me, the word "occupation" is no surprise. Lithuanian parliament has already adopted a resolution using this term", - he said.
"This word was used not only in the European Parliament's resolution but in the documents of the European Consulate and other partner-countries, which should be welcomed. Gradually, the world "occupation" is spreading, which means the spreading of truth about these territories". - Paslauskas is sure.
Let us remind you that earlier, Deputy Head of the Georgian MFA Nino Kalandadze had stated that the country's foreign policy administration welcomes the new resolution of the European Parliament where Abkhazia and South Ossetia are called "occupied regions of Georgia".
As was stated by the diplomat, the resolution allegedly refers to the facts of "human rights violation" in Abkhazia and South Ossetia, so the special structures of the European Union should immediately respond to the mentioned facts.