- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia visited by more than two million foreigners in 20102011-01-21 16:26
The number of visitors to Georgia in 2010 grew by 36% compared to the previous year, Business Georgia reports. According to Ministry of Economy and Sustained Development, in 2010, Georgia was visited by 672 316 citizens from Europe (excluding the CIS countries) (33.1% of the total number of visitors), which is by 35% greater than last year. Within the same period, 1 286 329 visitors came to Georgia from CIS (63.2% of the total number), which is by 35 % greater than in 2009.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Over the accounting period, Georgia was visited by 23 079 people from the USA (1.1%, which is by 18% greater compared to 2009, 46 256 people from Asian countries (2,3%, which is by 60% greater; 1 005 people from African countries (0.1% and by 3 601 people from other countries (0.2%, which is by 15% greater.
The majority of visitors from CIS (1 286 329) was made up by citizens of Armenia - 547 162 (43% visitors from CIS countries), which is by 56% greater than the figure of 2009. In 2010, Georgia was visited by 498 570 people from Azerbaijan (39% guests from CIS), which is by 19% greater.
However, the statistics does not provide any information on the number of visitors to Georgia last year who came as tourists.