- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili blaming China for foodstuff price growth2011-01-25 20:07
As was stated by President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili, foodstuffs inflation is explained by the fact that many world countries started developing rapidly and their demands are growing, GHN reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"For example, China has been hungering over the whole of its history, - the president said. - And now the people of China started eating. They are more than half a billion, they have to eat. Besides, the Chinese started buying cars, while earlier, the entire China rode bicycles".
Let us remind you that the Georgian National Statistics Service reported earlier that the inflation indicator in the country in December 2010 was 11,2 percent.
Overall inflation indicator in 2010 was 7,1 percent. Besides, last November and December, the price growth in the country exceeded 10 percent. It should be noted that the inflation in Georgia achieved a sad record: the country has not experienced such high rates in price increase since 2007.
Let us also note that earlier, Press Speaker of the head of the Georgian state Manana Mandzhgaladze reported that the Georgian government would submit a price growth control plan to the president.
"The president ordered the Cabinet to detail the mentioned plan in the nearest future", - she underlined.