- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Lithuania liked TV bridge between Saakashvili and people2011-01-26 13:54
According to Lithuanian Ambassador to Georgia Jonas Paslauskas, a TV bridge between President of the Republic Mikheil Saakashvili and the people is a good example of the kind of communication that should be set up between the authorities and the people of the country, GHN reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I highly appreciate the government's attitude to the public, - he remarked. - It is very important that the president not only expressed his opinion but also listened to the people stating their position. This is characteristic of democratic states".
Let us remind you that earlier, spokesman of the Georgian Christian Democrats Levan Vepkhvadze underlined that President of the Republic Mikheil Saakashvili never gave answers to many urgent questions put in the course of yesterday's TV bridge.
"I did not get any answer to some urgent questions concerning health care, social sphere and agriculture", - the oppositionist underlined, having added that he was mostly displeased with the answer regarding medicines.
According to Vepkhvadze, for some unclear reasons, the president possesses information about basic medicines being available to those who need them. "They've got no basic medicines; they've got only a 25-lari voucher per year, - he reminded. How can 2,5 laris per month be enough for a sick person?".