- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Citizens of four villages held a protest action in Tbilisi2011-01-26 16:18
Citizens of four Georgian villages of the Gorijsky region applied to the Georgian government demanding to solve the problem of land plots irrigation, Novosti-Georgia reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Making demands, several dozens of people from Upper and Lower Nicozy and Upper and Lower Khviti held a protest action on Wednesday in front of the governmental office in Tbilisi. They wanted to have a meeting with the country's PM and Minister of Agriculture.
The residents' problem is that as a result of the August-2008 military conflict they remained in the land plots with no irrigation system, which leads to serious problems with fertility and crops. Besides, according to the action participants, neither the regional governor, nor the deputies are trying to settle the issue.
In the course of the action, the people handed over a letter to the government office describing the situation and their demands.