- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia and Somali set up diplomatic relationship2011-01-27 16:28
Georgia and Somali set up diplomatic relationship, Novosti-Georgia reports. This is the 24th country, with which Georgia has set up diplomatic relationship for the last year. In all, Georgia has diplomatic contacts with 148 UN countries out of 191.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Georgia and Somali will develop bilateral relationship in compliance with the fundamental standards of the international law, which is expressed in adhering to the principles of territorial integrity, inviolability of frontiers, non-interference into each other's domestic affairs and sovereign equality of rights", - goes the statement of the Georgian MFA.
The document on setting up diplomatic relationship between the countries was signed in New-York, at Georgia's permanent representative office in UN. On the part of Georgia, the document was signed by Permanent Representative to UN Alexander Lomaya; on the part of Somali - by Somali Permanent Representative to UN Elmi Ahmed Duale.
As reported by Novosti-Georgia, Somali (official name - the Republic of Somali) is an African state divided by a civil war and separatists' actions in three parts. Somali is an economically backward and poor country. It has mineral resources (fields of iron ore, uranium, vanadium, thorium and titanium); however, the country's economy is mainly based on nomadic and half-nomadic cattle raising and piracy. The population numbers 9,8 mln people (as of 2009).