- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia’s protests against renaming placenames in SO are groundless – expert2011-01-28 16:34
Georgia's demands to stop the renaming of South-Ossetian locations are absolutely groundless. This was stated by famous South-Ossetian expert Yuri Beteev.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by IA OSinform, Beteev underlined that Georgia basically has got no right to interfere in South Ossetia's affairs, for the latter is an independent and sovereign state.
"In South Ossetia, there is the process of correcting historic unfairness when within many years of cultural genocide of our republic the names of towns and villages were forcibly changed and the population of South Ossetia was forced to change their surnames in a Georgian manner", - he added.
Let us remind you that earlier, the foreign policy administration of Georgia disseminated a statement expressing protest in connection with the process of returning South-Ossetian names to the locations of RSO. In the opinion of official Tbilisi, the true purpose of this process is the "elimination of the traces of the Georgian population" in the territory of South Ossetia.