- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Washington’s support of Saakashvili is dangerous for U.S. – American media2011-01-31 13:36
The American Conservative periodical published materials criticizing Mikheil Saakashvili's rhetoric concerning the terrorist act in the airport of Domodedovo.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to PirWeli, an article by Daniel Larison says that the Georgian leader's statements are unreasonable and may give the Russian side a motive to accuse Tbilisi of arranging an explosion in Domodedovo. In the author's opinion, Mikheil Saakashvili's main mistake was his statement that the "terrorist acts, such as an explosion made by a suicide bomber on Monday in the Moscow airport, are arranged to have "revenge" upon Moscow for Russia's politics in the North Caucasus".
"Saakashvili's reckless statement about "revenge" made soon after a provocative decision to cancel visas and just several days after a horrible terrorist act in Moscow seems to be aimed at giving Moscow another motive to aggravate relationship with Georgia and embark on a less flexible policy in respect of Tbilisi", - Larison says.
"I do not expect the Georgian nationalist to feel deep sympathy for Russian victims of the act but an adequate head of the state is expected to have enough reason not to provoke Moscow when it is getting ready to respond to the terrorists' barbarities. Thus, we've got another proof of Saakashvili's recklessness and irresponsibility. The USA's support and protection are dangerous both for us and for Georgia", - he also remarks.
Let us remind you that during an interview which Mikheil Saakashvili gave to the First Information Channel the Georgian president stated that the terrorist act in Domodedovo became possible because of Russia's destructive policy in the Caucasus.
A terrorist act in the airport of Domodedovo happened on January 24. An explosion set up by a suicide bomber led to the death of 35 people. Over 120 people received wounds of varying severity.