- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgians unhappy with Boers’ arrival2011-01-31 14:34
Citizens of Georgia and the local opposition express their dissatisfaction with the fact of the authorities' plans on attracting a group of Boer farmers from RSA.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to VZGLYAD, not so long ago, Georgian Labourites arranged a protest action near the hotel accommodating the first farmers from RSA who came to Georgia to get an idea of the local situation.
Besides, the protest speaking was also recorded in the region of Kvemo Kartli, which citizens are dissatisfied with the fact that the Georgian government is going to grant land to foreigners in the context of its lack.
Earlier, Georgian authorities presented a new website dedicated to the South-Africans farmers' activity in the country.
The www.boers.ge portal will enable RSA farmers wishing to arrive to Georgia to apply to the president of the country Mikheil Saakashvili with a request of being granted Georgian citizenship.
It is underlined that first, the applicants for the Georgian nationality are to answer 36 questions of a special questionnaire. For instance, they are to tell about their business and the number of relatives to come with them.
Let us remind you that earlier, it was reported that about 60 Boers' families stated their desire to come to Georgia from RSA. Georgian authorities reckon they will help revive Georgian agriculture.