- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili admitted being admired by Singapore and Estonia2011-02-02 12:48
President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili stated that the country's government will follow the example of Singapore and Estonia in ruling the republic.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I often say that Georgia will follow Singapore's example and that Georgia is already adopting Estonia's experience in many things", - according to ERR, that's what Saakashvili said in his TV appeal.
He stated that Georgia's European allies express their surprise at Tbilisi's choice but this does not embarrass Mikheil Saakashvili. "We are often told by Europeans: why are you so hung up on Singapore? There's a different situation there, a different regime, while your country is following the path of European democracy, and that is true but democracy does not mean unstableness", - Georgian president underlined.
"There were no agricultural lands, natural resources and drinking or irrigation water but Singapore managed to become one of the most prosperous countries in the world", - he added.
Let us remind you that earlier, summarizing the results of 2010, Georgian president underlined that his country should become "Caucasian Singapore". "We are perfectly ready to invest in Georgia, and that is a very important factor for Georgia to turn into a country it is trying to become", - Georgian leader underlined.