- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian border guards took sportsmen for terrorists2011-02-02 14:47
Georgian border guards detained the Turan Azerbaijani football team, having suspected the sportsmen of terrorist activity, VZGLYAD reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The football players were detained at the border for four hours and were forced to pay a large fine on unknown grounds. Moreover, team leader Iman Gasanov and bus driver Gunduz Gasymov were threatened with arrest.
According to the players of the Azerbaijani club, their team was called a "terrorist group", though they were allowed to cross the border on paying the fine.
Let us remind you that as was reported earlier, three officers of the Georgian special services tried to illegally get to Azerbaijan. Deputy Minister of Interior of Russia Arkadiy Edelev informed that the Azerbaijani colleagues transferred to Russia some documented facts about the training of militant-terrorists in Georgia for the actions in the North Caucasus.