- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Military reform being successfully realized in Georgia2011-02-02 19:49
This fact was stated by Head of the republic's Ministry of Defense Bacho Akhalaya. He says the conducted military reform has already been appreciated by the United States and NATO, GHN reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Our partners, both NATO and the USA, definitely support the reforming of our armed forces in line with Georgia's current course, - he underlined. - It looks like our reforms are implemented successfully". Let us remind you that according to Stockholm International Institute for Global Problems Study, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan have increased their military expenses five times over the last ten years.
The South-Caucasian states expert community has taken the tendency quite tolerantly. According to Deputy Director of the Institute of Caucasus Sergey Minasyan, in the context of the unsettled ethno-political conflicts, there are parties that somehow try to change the status-quo.
"A perfect military-technical balance is maintained by the parties, which only accelerates a new turn in the arms race", - Armenian expert believes.