- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Kvezerelli: Georgia suffers no foodstuff deficit2011-02-03 13:35
Head of Georgian Ministry of Agriculture Bakur Kvezerali stated that the country's population has got no grounds for panicking because of the absence of food supply.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by Business-Georgia, Kvezereli made his statement at the meeting of the country's President Mikheil Saakashvili with the economic block of the Georgian Cabinet.
President of Georgia also paid attention to the fact that there has been a speculative demand for sugar recently in the country, for the price growth caused the fear of deficit among the people.
"The people remember the bitter experience of the 1990s but it cannot reoccur today", - Saakashvili underlined.
Let us remind you of a sharp change of sugar prices in Tbilisi shops, both upwards and downwards.
In two days, the price for a kilo of sugar in the city's retail chains got down by 60 tetris, from 3 laris to 2,4 laris. It is reported that in some shops of the Georgian capital the growth of sugar price, just like its following reduction, was executed on the government's direct order.
Let us remind you that earlier, members of directorate attributed the sugar price growth not to price fixing but to a poor crop in Brazil and the introduction of certain restrictions on product export by Indian authorities.