- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Gilauri met with American senators2011-02-03 14:17
Head of the Georgian government Nika Gilauri discussed the resolution on the "occupied territories" with American senators in the context of his visit to the U.S.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"A resolution on the occupation of the Georgian territories was discussed at the meeting with senators; it was to be considered in the Senate and we hope it will be adopted", - Gilauri is cited by Novosti-Georgia.
Besides, the country's PM met with representatives of various American public organizations and discussed the development of the Georgian-American relations in the field of economy and trade.
Let us remind you that the U.S. Senate is to consider the resolution on Georgia supporting the principle of the country's "territorial integrity" and using such term as "ethnic cleansing" in respect of the Russian party's actions during the August-2008 events.
Earlier, Georgian Speaker of Parliament David Bakradze had stated that this document would become a signal for the countries that consider the possibility of recognizing Abkhazia and South Ossetia's independence.
"I am sure the document will let them think once again and will help us actively continue our work in the European countries so that they also admit the word "occupation" and adopt relevant resolutions in the nearest time", - Bakradze underlined.
In its turn, MFA of RF took the resolution very negatively. "Of course, we do not deny the American lawmakers' right to provide their own assessment of the situation in the region but we have to state with regret that the draft resolution, as well as many Congress members, ignores the new reality that has developed after the aggression launched by Saakashvili in August 2008, - Russian diplomats stated. - These actions (and the fact that Tbilisi initiated the aggression is hardly denied today) led to the formation of new independent states, Abkhazia and South Ossetia", - goes the appeal of the Russian foreign policy administration, which is dedicated to the submission of a draft resolution regarding Georgia's "territorial integrity" to the U.S. Senate Commission for Foreign Affairs.