- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Obama demanded that Saakashvili leave North Caucasus alone – opposition2011-02-03 15:36
During the recent meeting of Mikheil Saakashvili and Barack Obama, the U.S. president demanded that the head of the Georgian state stop his "speculations on the North Caucasus". This was stated by famous Georgian oppositionist Lasha Amirejibi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to VZGLYAD, Amirejibi asserts that the American administration is especially displeased with the attempts to raise the issue of the "genocide over Circassians" on the part of Russia.
"They demanded in an especially rigid manner that Saakashvili stop his provoking talks on the topic of the genocide over Ciracssians", - the oppositionist underlined.
Amirejibi attributes the USA's strong position on Tbilisi's attempts to enlarge its influence in the North Caucasus to Washington's desire to maintain good relationship with Moscow. "Circassian genocide is none of your business, Saakashvili was told directly", - he added.
Let us remind you that the Georgian party made several attempts to raise the issue of the genocide of the Circassian people on the part of Russian Empire in the second half of the XIX century. This topic was actively discussed by Georgian parliamentarians and various public organizations of the country. Besides, it was underlined that the "Circassian problem" discussed in Georgia hardly bothers Circassians themselves, for it is mainly a put-up problem imposed on the people from outside. This fact was mentioned by a historian from Kabardino-Balkaria Hasan Dumanov.
"Some powers want to throw the Adygeis into a conflict, while the latter have got no plans contradicting Russia's policy", - Dumanov says.