- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Three corrupt officials arrested in Georgia2011-02-04 17:54
Three corrupt officials have been arrested in Georgia, News Georgia reports. Director of Children's National Center Valery Jokhadze, director of Vocational Educational Center at the Education Ministry Zaza Avaliani and his deputy Murman Khvedelidze have been detained by General Prosecutor's office employees.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The three men are suspected of illegal leasing of state public property with the state's loss being GEL 700,000 (USD 389,000).
Detention of the officials representing the ministry of education and science and the ministry of sport and youth affairs was reported by Georgi Kondakhashvili, investigator of the anti-corruption department at Georgia's main general prosecutor's office at a briefing on Friday, who also remarked that the case was not incidental and that it was part of a task-oriented policy.
"From the beginning of 2011 the Anti-corruption department at Georgia's Main General Prosecutor's office started checking legal use of state immovable property", - Kondakhashvili emphasized in his speech.