- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Conflicting parties meet on Georgia-South Ossetia border2011-02-04 18:52
A meeting under the joint Incident Prevention and Response Mechanism was held in Ergneti village, Ekho Kavkaza reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The meeting was attended by representatives of the republic of South Ossetia, Georgia, Russia, EU monitoring mission to Georgia and OSCE.
As Merab Chigoev, head of the RSO delegation said, the situation in near-border districts since the last meeting on December 10, 2010 was discussed, - IA RES reports.
"The situation in the region was more stable without serious incidents. At the same time, there is increase in illegal crossings of the South Ossetian border by Georgian citizens living in near-border areas", - Chigoev said.
"14 air intrusions by Georgian pilotless aircrafts have been documented since December 10. The latest incident took place last night with the drone flying over the capital", - Chigoev said then.
Besides, the issue of gas supply to Leningori district of South Ossetia was discussed. "As soon as gas supply is restored in the district we will be ready to consider rehabilitation of headworks and canals for delivery of irrigation water to Georgia", - Chigoev said.