- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Burjanadze is not sure U.S. will support Georgia2011-02-07 11:42
Former Speaker of Parliament Nino Burjanadze referred to a popular idea that the USA support President Mikheil Saakashvili as to a "myth", Vzglyad.ru reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"As the events in Tunis and Egypt show, U.S. always take the people's side at a crucial moment despite strategic partnership", - she declared.
According to her, only "intimidated people" can talk about the Georgian president being supported by Americans; however, without the development of political events, Georgia is doomed for an "Egypt's scenario".
Nino Burjanadze stated that she is going to wait until 2013 when Saakashvili's powers expire, for the latter "wants to stay in power afterwards and won't leave his residence on his own will".
"The people of Georgia must make Saakashvili leave by serious actions and pressure and they will be surely supported by the West", - she said.