- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Municipal elections to be held in Kodorskoye Gorge for the first time2011-02-08 19:08
Municipal elections are to be held in the upper part of Kodorskoye Gorge in Abkhazia for the first time since the liberation of the territory in August 2008.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As GeorgiaTimes was told by Abkhaz CEC, 51 electors are on the list.
The center of the district is Azhara, the largest village in the gorge.
Just one candidate has been nominated by this district - the 27-year-old David Gabnia.
"A territory with no residents is a desert. Getting a distant region fully involved into the republic's economical and socio-political life requires serious work on local residents integration", - David Gabnia told in his interview to Echo of Caucasus.
However, the number of people who came back to the gorge after the events of 2008 is not very great so far.