- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Another citizen of Georgia in Somali2011-02-09 18:39
A citizen of Georgia was discovered among 25 members of the crew of Georgian supertanker MT Irene SL captured by pirates on Wednesday, GHN reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The crew consists of 25 people, including 7 Greeks, 17 Filipinos and one citizen of Georgia", - RIA Novosti was told by a representative of the Greek coast guard.
"At first, we were informed of a captured Ukrainian but we got a precise list of the crew from the owner-company and made sure that he is a citizen of Georgia", - he added.
According to the official, the tanker was heading from Persian Gulf towards one of the ports of the Gulf of Mexico in the USA with approximately 270 thousand tons of crude oil on board.
"The vessel was captured today at 11 o'clock, Athens time, 200 sea miles eastwards of Oman coast", - member of the coast guard reported. He could not say whether any crew member suffered during the capture.
The tanker belongs to a Greek company and is registered in the harbor of Pirey in Athens.