- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia to establish representative People’s Assembly2008-12-22 17:19
Representative People's Assembly is being established in Georgia. Today Konstantine Gamsakhurdia, the leader the Freedom Party, Guguli Magradze, the leader of the Women's Party and Akakiy Asatiani, the head of the Traditionalists, announced their plans to establish a body to prevent Georgia's disintegration and bear responsibility for salvation of the country.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Today, at the briefing near the building of the Parliament of Georgia, Gamsakhurdia announced that the date was chosen deliberately, as 17 years ago, on December 22nd 1992 the tragic events that led the country to its present critical state, began.
«The shot, fired here, near the building of the then Supreme Soviet, 17 years ago, created threat to existence of the young Georgian state, and the country reaps it's harvest today», Konstantine Gamsakhurdia stated.
According to Gamsakhurdia, the initiative group of the People's Assembly establishment takes responsibility for prevention of the further state disintegration and salvation of the country. To perform this task, the People's Assembly must be formed in the nearest future, he added.
The initiators of the new political alliance intend to work throughout the country to prepare elections to the body that, in their view, will be at maximum representative and will be a kind of alternative to the present-day administration.
They urge everyone who cares about the future of Georgia, to help with the implementation of the initiative.