- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia to build new hydroelectric stations2011-02-10 13:12
A tender for the construction of a 109-megawatt hydroelectric station in the region of Mtskheta-Mtianeti has been announced in Georgia. Bids are received until March 1, Rosbalt reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As is known, this year, it is planned to build several more electric stations in the republic: in the region of Racha, as well as in Ozurgetsky and Chokhataursky regions.
Let us remind you that at the end of last year, Head of the Georgian Ministry of Energy Alexander Khetaguri stated that one of the chief projects in the branch in 2011 will be the construction of the Namakhvani - Khrami HES - Alpana HES cascade. The facilities are expected to ensure the production of 1000 megawatt of electric energy in the aggregate. The total cost of construction will be over one and a half billion dollars.
Earlier, Khetaguri reported that the country's authorities are going to offer the shares of two Georgian hydroelectric stations at the international stock exchanges. He said that the government is planning to build new hydroelectric stations using the earned means.