- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Patriarch Ilia II promised to visit Abkhazia2011-02-14 12:23
Catholicos-Patriarch of All Georgia Ilia II during his stay in England has given an interview to Russian BBC Service. The conversation was focused on Russian-Georgian relationship and consequences of war 2008.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Answering the BBC correspondent's question "how can you head a diocese not covered by Georgian jurisdiction?" the Patriarch answered that the jurisdiction of the Georgian Orthodox Church covers Abkhazia and Tskhinvali. This fact is recognized by Russian Orthodox Church. "I was Metropolitan of Sukhum and Abkhazia for 11 years, so this diocese is dear to me. I know the Abkhaz very well and I will soon have to visit Abkhazia as head of this diocese.
The Patriarch did not specify how he is going to visit Abkhazia; he just mentioned that "relationship between the Russian and Georgian Orthodox Churches plays a great role in the relationship between Russia and Georgia. We thank the Holy Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Cyril for his support and for the fact that Russian Orthodox Church admits the Georgian Church's canonic right in Abkhazia and Tskhinval region. I think that the Holy Patriarch and the Russian Orthodox Church will help settling the problems of Sukhum-Abkhaz diocese".