- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian journalists eager to get to prison2011-02-14 18:33
Leader of movement Eka Beselia reported to Novosti Georgia that Georgian journalists would appeal to international organizations asking them to help settle the issue of allowing media representatives to prisons and colonies so that they could get acquainted with the situation in the places of detention.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The journalists together with the movement members are holding various actions, trying to obtain an access to prisons. For instance, an action was held near the Ministry for Execution of Sentences one of these days. According to the report made by the press service of movement Solidarity with Illegal Prisoners, the appeal will be addressed at the Council of Europe and European Union and will be disseminated among the diplomatic corps accredited in Georgia.
"We demand that the journalists are allowed to places of detention in Rustavi, Gldani and Ksani to study the real situation and get objective information. They will meet with prisoners and check the incoming information", - the report goes.