- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Appathurai foretelling Georgia’s long way to NATO2011-02-15 13:02
NATO's Deputy Secretary General for Political Affairs James Appathurai believes that Georgia's way to NATO will be long, - Rosbalt reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Georgia has got a lot of work to do on this way", - Appathurai stated.
Deputy Secretary General of the block in charge of cooperation with the South-Caucasian countries so far cannot name definite terms of Georgia's entrance into the alliance.
"If I could name this date I would violate the principles of NATO expansion based on certain conditions. The country should meet the standards of the union. We've got political standards, military standards and the issues of human rights and freedoms", - Appathurai explained.
In Appathurai's opinion, Georgia is facing the task of developing the democratic processes and enhancing control over the military and the police on the part of the society.