- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Vakhtang Komakhidze’s film about war in South Ossetia to be screened in Adzharia2011-02-15 14:55
A documental about the war in South Ossetia shot by a Georgian journalist Vakhtang Komakhidze will probably be screened in Adzharia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to VZGLYAD, Komakhidze's film titled Here is Our Victory in the War caused the Georgian authorities' dissatisfaction so long as its contents did not agree with Tbilisi's official position on the South-Ossetian conflict.
Earlier, Vakhtang Komakhidze appealed to the Swiss government for political asylum. According to Komakhidze, he took such a decision because he is still unable to fulfill his professional duty in his native country. Besides, the journalist underlined that his freedom, health and life and those of his family members are under threat.
He believes the threats on the part of the government are connected with his film about South Ossetia where he stayed with two human right defenders from Tbilisi. The journalist and the Reporter Studio had earlier made hot TV items for the Kavkasi and Maestro TV independent companies.