- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia won’t sell gas pipeline to Azerbaijan2011-02-16 17:45
Today, Head of the Georgian government Nika Gilauri refuted rumours about the possible sale of the North-South gas pipeline, Echo of Caucasus reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
While staying on a visit in Yerevan, Gilauri stated that Tbilisi has got no intention to sell the controlling interest of the gas pipeline.
"I've been asked this question many times. I'd like to say that Georgia's government won't sell the controlling interest of the pipeline in future. There are strategic objects that will be supervised by Georgian government", - Gilauri said.
Several large foreign companies have already stated their intention to consider the possibility of acquiring the gas pipeline stock in case it is offered for sale.
Azerbaijani Socar is among these companies. Its representatives do not conceal their intention to buy the pipeline as a leverage to press upon Yerevan.