- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
No freedom of speech and business in Georgia – Burjanadze2011-02-18 15:03
Head of oppositional party Democratic Movement - United Georgia Nino Burjanadze declared that the current authorities have set up censor regime and prejudice the rights of local businessmen.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As the Actual Comments portal reports, Burjanadze assessed censorship in the Georgian media as a definite fact. "All the TV channels broadcasting in Georgia are personally controlled by Saakashvili and his team. It is a well-defined fact that may be confirmed by any oppositional party, including parliamentary opposition. The situation with the freedom of speech in Georgia is pitiable; the people get no real information", - Bujanadze stated.
She also added that the statements of the Georgian government about the unique freedom of business in the country do not correspond to facts. According to her, "it all exists only on paper" in Georgia. "Is there free business in Georgia? No, unfortunately, there is not", - Burjanadze said.