- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia is ready to sign strategic agreement on cooperation with the USA2008-12-23 17:19
Georgia is ready to sign strategic agreement on cooperation with the USA, stated Mikhail Saakashvili, at today's meeting of the National Security Council, RIA-Novosti reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"All the countries that in their time managed to sign such agreements with the USA, ensured own stable development, reached peace and quiet in the country, as well as in the region", the President underlined.
Saakashvili noticed that the goal of Georgia, willing to sign this document, is "country consolidation, ensuring unity, stability and peaceful development".
According to Georgian Foreign Ministry, the agreement will be ready before end 2008.
As he commented Georgian-Russian relations, Saakashvili stated tat Georgia is ready for negotiations with Russia at any level, but only providing Russia accepted Georgian territorial integrity and respected Georgian people at elections.
"I want to underline that we are always ready to conduct negotiations with Russia at any level, but these negotiations must be based on the fact that a considerable part of Georgia is illegally occupied by Russia. All our negotiations must be based on indisputable respect for our territorial integrity and recognition of Georgia's independence and free expression of popular will ", Saakashvili stated.