- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili to advertise corn again2011-02-22 13:26
Georgian leader Mikheil Saakashvili has spent one day with a farmer's family.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As Business Georgia reports Saakashvili emphasized specifically that Georgia must provide itself with agricultural products like new corn hybrids.
"If we don't provide ourselves with food we will keep depending on the outside world, on floods or other natural disasters. It's wrong to be constantly in this neurotic state of mind. We will have food for domestic use and gain profit in case of a double yield by exporting corn grain abroad", - the president underlined.
It will be remembered that according to previous reports, Georgia's ministry of agriculture shall distribute high-yielding corn seeds among farmers.
Pioneer corn seeds have been delivered to Georgia for distribution among peasants and farmers. The ministry highlights that these shipments are part of the project for grain crops intensification in the country. Seeds are high-yielding and drought-resistance.
Georgian minister of agriculture Bakur Kvezereli stated that the ministry plans to implement the program in the near future.
"I would like to call on all proprietors of agricultural lands to join in the program. This is one of the most profitable breeds of corn to occupy 300 thousand ha, as we plan", - Kvezereli stated.