- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia to challenge census in Abkhazia2011-02-22 14:05
A population census has begun in Abkhazia to the discontent of vice speaker of Georgian parliament Paata Davitaya, - GHN reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Davitaya calls on Georgian ministry of foreign affairs to adopt an extraordinary statement.
"Yesterday a population census began in Abkhazia for local authorities to estimate the number of people residing in the republic and finalize passportization. I would like to emphasize that the census in "occupied Abkhazia" started on the days when Russia occupied Georgia in 1921", - he remarked at a plenary session in parliament.
As Davitaya estimates, after the war in 1992-1993 nearly 500 thousand people were evicted from the country, i.e. the whole population of the republic. At the same time vice speaker of Georgian parliament does not specify who will undergo this census in Abkhazia.
"It would be very good if the ministry of foreign affairs and the foreign policy committee made a statement on the issue declaring Abkhazia's census illegitimate and informing the international community on the matter", -Davitaya stated.