- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Memorial to those who died in battles with Red Army to be erected in Tbilisi2011-02-24 19:11
The foundation of a memorial dedicated to those who died in the battles with the Red Army in 1921 has been laid to celebrate another anniversary of Soviet "occupation" in Tbilisi, - Novosti Georgia report.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The memorial will be opened approximately in two years.
The first foundation stone was laid in the Vake Park in Tbilisi.
According to the Georgian historians, 15 Georgian officers were shot here in 1921; they resisted the establishment of the Soviet power in Georgia.
"In the conditions of the occupation, these people continued fighting for their country's independence. Today is the continuation of the dead heroes' deeds," - Chairman of Sakrebulo Zaal Samadashvili stated during the ceremony.