- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili: Georgia presents no problem for the Olympics in Sochi2011-02-25 15:21
Georgia presents no problem for the Olympic Games to be held in Sochi, despite the statements of Russian President Dmitry Medvedev. As GHN reports with reference to the Georgian media, such an opinion was expressed by Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Georgia presents no threat in the physical aspect to the Olympic Games in Sochi. Moreover, in due time we supported these Games openly and with much enthusiasm at the political level because I thought that they would let us avoid the negative tendencies that were quite obvious, especially in respect of Abkhazia and our territories, - the journalists are citing the Georgian president.
In his opinion, the problem is that the Olympic Games will be held in close proximity to the region where ethnic conflicts developed. "We did not create this problem and we would be glad if the problem were gradually cured by joint efforts, including those of Russia", - M.Saakashvili said.