- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alias Labakhua reappointed Mayor of Sukhum2011-02-28 12:03
Abkhaz President Sergey Bagapsh signed a decree on appointing Alias Labakhua Mayor of Sukhum. He has been holding this post since 2007, Apsnypress reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Abkhaz law, the mayor of the city is appointed by the president out of the number of deputies of municipal assembly. So long as new elections to the city assembly have been held, the powers of the head of administration were suspended.
Labakhua was reappointed deputy of the city assembly.
Bagapsh congratulated Labakhua on the appointment and said that the new composition of the Sukhum Assembly and the city authorities are facing serious tasks.
The authorities of the republic intend to invest about one billion rubles in the city economy within this and the next year.