- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA will have to sponsor democracy in Georgia once again2011-02-28 12:34
For the first time after a many-year break, USA took a decision to sponsor the projects connected with the creation of a civil society and realization of democratic reforms, - Vzglyad.ru reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
67 million dollars will be allocated for these purposes in the nearest future.
The practice of sponsoring US non-government organizations was suspended when Mikheil Saakashvili came to power in Georgia. Since then, Washington started sponsoring the rearmament of the Georgian army and a number of other processes.
In the opinion of one of the Republican party leaders Levan Berdzenishvili, one can expect the resumption of financial assistance from the opposition, the media and NGOs.
In his opinion, Georgia's former permanent representative to UN Irakly Alasania enjoys Washington's greatest sympathy.