- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
A scandal broke out around a famous national brand in Georgia2011-02-28 13:33
A scandal broke out in Georgia around one of the most famous national brands, Khvanchkara wine.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Rosbalt, Georgia has no right to sell this alcohol drink under the same brand in the USA - an exclusive right of realization of the Khvanchkara brand belongs to a famous American wine and alcohol supplier trademark Dozortsev and Sons. Gruzpatent is planning to file a lawsuit in connection with the Georgian trademark appropriation.
"We start relevant procedures in the United Starts of America in order to register the names of wines having Georgian locations. I am talking about 18 wine names that have already been registered and protected in the European Union by a signed treaty. Consequently, these wine names should also be registered in the USA, which means the protection of such famous brands as Kindzmarauli and Khvanchkara in the American market", - says Gruzpatent leader Irakly Gvaladze.