- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Vashadze compared Egypt to Georgia2011-03-02 12:25
Foreign Minister of Georgia Grigol Vashadze declared that the new government of Egypt exactly repeats the actions of the Georgian government after the Rose Revolution aimed at getting the country out of the crisis.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Trend, Vashadze made such a statement after his meeting with Secretary General of the Arab League Amr Moussa.
"The Egyptian government's plan coincides with that of the Georgian government after the Rose Revolution in 2003 almost 100%", - Vashadze underlined.
Vashadze also told about the achieved agreement that will allow the head of the Georgian MFA to speak at the Arab League ministerial. The minister underlined that the official Tbilisi shows interest in the current situation in the Arab world, for it wants to build relations with the regional countries "on a solid basis".
Earlier, Deputy Head of the Georgian MFA Nino Kalandadze reported that the visit of the head of Georgian diplomatic service to the Arab republic is aimed at "familiarizing Egyptian representatives with the Georgian experience of the quick overcome of the crisis and switching to the way of democratic development".
As was underlined by Kalandadze, the Georgian party is ready to share its experience with Egypt. "We wish to maintain good relationship with Egypt. Egyptian party shows great interest in this visit. The Georgian party hopes that bilateral projects will remain valid and the trade-economic relationship between the two countries will develop successfully", - she remarked.
Let us remind you that within several weeks, there have been large-scale public disturbance in Egypt that resulted in the President Hosni Mubarak's resignation.