- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Head of Georgian railway accused of corruption2011-03-02 15:51
Free Georgia political movement is accusing the head of the Georgian railway Irakly Ezugbaya of "elite corruption", Business Georgia reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to member of movement Mimi Gabrichidze, Irakly Ezugbaya charges himself a 200-thousand-lari premium while the majority of the Georgian population is behind poverty line.
"Last December, leader of our movement - deputy of Tbilisi sakrebulo Kakha Kukava demanded from the Georgian railway the information on salaries and premiums paid to the management but was denied under a pretext that the railway is not accountable to Tbilisi sakrebulo", - Gabrichidze told today at a briefing arranged for the journalists.
In Kakha Kukava's opinion, such refusal is gross violation of the law, for the information on the officials' salaries is public and must be available to any citizen. Free Georgia demands revealing this data.