- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bagapsh: border guards ensure Abkhazia’s safety2011-03-02 18:22
A military community of Russian FSS Border Administration was opened in the Abkhaz town of New Afon, Apsnypress reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The opening ceremony was attended by President of Abkhazia Sergey Bagapsh.
"The presence of Russian border guards in Abkhazia has got a great meaning. They ensure stability and safety of our country which are necessary for the normal development of economy, culture and civil society", - President of Abkhazia Sergey Bagapsh told in his interview given to the journalists after the opening ceremony of Novoafonskoye Department of the Russian FSS Border Administration.
"We are switching from a military track onto the track of peace and creation. That's a complicated process but it has already been started and it is very pleasant", - Bagapsh stated.
Russian border guards are present in Abkhazia on the grounds of the Russian-Abkhaz agreements on the joint protection of the republic's boundaries.