- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Oppositional TV channel closed in Georgia2011-03-02 19:32
The broadcasting of Trialeti oppositional channel has been interrupted, - Rosbalt reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Tiraleti broadcasted in the Georgian city of Gori and arranged talk-shows with the participation of oppositional politicians.
Trialeti owes the TV center seven thousand laris; however, the management of the channel believes that the broadcaster refuses to broadcast the signal on political grounds.
"We attribute the interruption of broadcasting to information policy. The Hot Line talk-show is also a problem for the authorities; for example, recently it was attended by Nino Burjanadze. Our talk-show is often attended by the oppositional representatives speaking about the real situation in the country, which is not welcomed by the authorities", - one of the channel managers told.
As was underlined by Trialeti management, the channel existed due to advertising. However, most advertisers refused to run their commercials being pressed by local authorities.