- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
US embassy disclaims American mercenaries fought at Georgian side2008-12-24 17:29
The embassy reiterated that no US servicemen were in combat actions area, they took no part in it.
Let us remind that on Tuesday the Russian General Prosecutor' Office's Investigatory Committee claimed it has data on participation of foreign mercenaries in combat actions in Georgia in August 2008. According to the Committee chairman, Alexander Bastrykin, American, Ukrainian, Turkish and Czech mercenaries fought at Georgian side. Their possessions, found in battlefields, like photographs, uniform and notebooks serve as evidences, as well as testimonies of numerous witnesses, interrogated after events of August.
The Committee launched legal proceedings of murders and genocide (felonies described by articles 105 and 357 of the Russian Criminal Code respectively), and identified over five thousand as victims of Georgian aggression.