- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alasania: we must fight Saakashvili, not the state2011-03-04 13:03
Head of opposition party Our Georgia - Free Democrats Irakli Alasania stated that the opposition's confrontation with Saakashvili's regime must not turn into a struggle against the state itself.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As PirWeli reports, Irakli Alasania emphasized his stand on democratic elections as the only way to dismiss the current leaders of the country.
"Please, don't mix two things up: the fact that Saakashvili must withdraw, that Saakashvili has become a real barrier for development does not mean that our opposition and political struggle against him must be transformed into a targeted struggle against the state. All responsible political forces must take this into account", - Irakli Alasania said.
It will be remembered that a number of Georgian oppositionists call for a revolution like those that took place in Africa and the Middle East. Thus, a well-known opposition figure in Georgia, leader of National Forum Gubaz Sanikidze stated that Georgia will soon see large-scale protest rallies similar to those in Arab states.
"The Arab countries faced three types of revolution - a quick one, an interim and a bloody one. In all three cases people have won, and Georgia must pay attention to that", - he stated.
Sanikidze warns Georgian authorities that they must not forget about people's role in the country's destiny. "The current situation in Georgia shows that even a small incident can spur a revolution that will take Saakashvili to judgment", - the opposition added.