- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia and South Ossetia dividing water and gas2011-03-05 17:49
Official Tbilisi received a warning from South Ossetia concerning gas. As reported by GHN, the document stipulates that if the Georgian party does not settle the problem of gas supply in Akhalgori, in summer Tskhinvali will respond by "politicizing" the problem of irrigation water supply. This statement was made by spokesman of the South-Ossetian delegation at Geneva talks David Sanakoyev.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The issue of gas supply to Akhalgorsky region of RSO remains unsettled for several years. Georgian party has been politicizing the issue within the whole period of time, leaving the residents of the region without gas for two winters running. We have pointed at the helplessness of international organizations, such as OSCE and UN, in settling humanitarian problems", - Sanakoyev said.
As he remarked, in summer, the gas issue will fall into the shade, while the supply of irrigation water from the South-Ossetian territory to Georgia will become relevant. "We stated that this being the case, the issue of water supply will be settled at the same pace", - Sanakoyev added.