- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Labourites suggest paying 1 thousand laris for each newborn baby2011-03-09 12:54
A one-time one-thousand-lari material assistance is to be paid for each newborn baby in Georgia. According to Business Georgia, such proposal was recently voiced at a briefing by Secretary General of the Labour Party Soso Shatberashvili. He underlined that the country's unstable position, unemployment and poverty have brought the state to a demographic catastrophe. "According to the UN's research, Georgia got into the list of vanishing nations. In this respect, 1 thousand laris should be once paid for each newborn baby to correct the situation and encourage birthrate", - he underlined.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He says that in average, about 50 thousand babies are born in Georgia every year.
"This initiative won't settle the problem in a day or two but will help solve the demographic problem in a long-term prospect", - Shatberashvili remarked.