- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian mariners left Libya2011-03-10 12:29
As was reported today's morning, a ship with a crew of six Georgian mariners successfully left Libya, - Vzglyad.ru reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Mariners escaped from the port where they had stayed within nine months. While the ship was idle, its navigation system went wrong; however, the sailors' professional skill was enough to fix the course of the ship to Malta.
In Malta, the Georgians are waiting for their government's help.
Earlier, the attempts to liberate Georgian mariners were made by the Georgian Foreign Ministry.
The vessel where the Georgian citizens were employed was arrested in Libya after the owner of the cargo who transported the dry-cargo carrier from Turkey refused to take it back. Mariners stayed in Libya in hope of receiving their wage arrears. As they assert, the port where they stayed in was regularly fired on.