- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Women-prisoners to embark on hunger strike in Georgia2011-03-10 13:25
Human rights defender Eka Beselia informed the media that the Georgian women-prisoners are going to embark on hunger strike because of unbearable conditions in prisons, - GHN reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Eka Beselia underlined that women-prisoners demand attention to their problems. "They often sleep right on the cold floor. They cannot practice proper hygiene; they are kept under inhuman conditions", - Beselia says.
Beselia remarked that the penitentiary system is practically unavailable for monitoring.
The human rights defender says that it is not only women-prisoners who are kept in tough conditions. There have been recorded many facts of torture. For instance, an invalid with a second degree of disablement has been recently beaten for trying to protect his rights.
Human right defenders complain that the state does not respond to the violation of the prisoners' rights.