- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Railway repair works go on in Abkhazia2011-03-10 15:13
The roadbed and the overhead contact system will be reconstructed and a fiber-optic cable will be laid in the context of the Abkhaz railway restoration project, - the Republic of Abkhazia newspaper reports with reference to Minister of Economy of Abkhazia Christine Ozgan.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The contract implies the replacement of 100% of the roadbed, 70% of transmission line poles, the reconstruction of the overhead contact system and the laying of a fiber-optic cable", - Ozgan says.
Also, the project of the road reconstruction implies the construction of access ways to industrial objects.
However, the current railroad reconstruction stage does not imply the reconstruction of the Sukhum-Ochamchira section. The credit extended by Russian government to Abkhazia for the railway reconstruction does not imply the revival of the station facilities.
According to the Minister of Economy of Abkhazia, railway stations will be partially restored at the state's expense. Also, Sukhum reckons on private companies' investments in the railway infrastructure.